Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Great Comedian!

Here’s a tribute to a man who gave us the gift of laughter...BOB HOPE.
• ON TURNING 70 “You still chase women, but only downhill.”
• ON TURNING 80 “That’s the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing.”
• ON TURNING 90 “You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.”
• ON TURNING 100 “I don't feel old. In fact I don’t feel anything until noon. Then it’s time for my nap.”
• ON SAILORS “They spend the first six days of each week sowing their wild oats, then they go to church on Sunday and pray for crop failure.”
• ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR “Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it’s called at my home, ‘Passover’.”
• ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, “Congratulations. You have an eight-pound ham.”

No comments: