Thursday, August 24, 2023

West Seattle Golf Course

I first played West Seattle in 1984 when I was a freshman at Nathan Hale HS. Back when I was young, they still had concrete pads with cutup tires for tee boxes. Back then condition at any of the city courses were suspect. If you go for a round today you will be very impressed! They keep the course in outstanding condition all year but by late spring it is ready to host a major tournament! The greens and fairways are super lush and healthy. The layout is one of my favorites because you rarely get a flat lie so you need to be able to hit a wide variety of shots so you never get bored. You better keep the ball below the hole too; they have some of the steepest greens that will test your skills and patience. It is even possible to putt off a couple of the greens when they have front pins…like 16 which I have done before. Golf season is finally here, so go play WSGC!! 206-935-5187

No comments: